The village of Templecombe is located within the county of Somerset. Templecombe is situated in the South West region of the UK and is governed by South Somerset District council. Templecombe has a train station called Templecombe Rail Station (TMC).
|The Blessed Virgin Mary|
|Robin Cottage - temple-combe|
|Robin Cottage is a holiday home located in Temple Combe in the Somerset Region and is 42 km from Bath. You can fire up the barbecue for a tasty meal and enjoy the garden in fair weather.|
|Address:||, BA8, Templecombe|
|Number of Rooms:||1|
|Nightingale - temple-combe|
|Boasting a private pool, Nightingale is a holiday home set in Temple Combe. You can fire up the barbecue for a tasty meal and enjoy the garden in fair weather. There is a dining area and a kitchen as well as a private bathroom. A TV is offered.|
|Address:||, BA8, Templecombe|
|Number of Rooms:||1|
Working within a warehouse environment you will be required to multi-task completing a variety of duties on a daily basis which include:
• Checking goods coming into the distribution centre
• Putting stock away into designated locations
• Regular stock checks
• Logging all movements using the warehouse management system
• Order picking to set requirements
• Attention to detail is key due to the technical side of the business
• Due to the nature of the Client base compliance is a critical component
Successful candidates will have a lot of investment in training and up-skilling within the role after a settling period. This will include: Counterbalance, Flex-Truck, 5 Ton side loader, H & S
Prior to starting you will have/or be willing to complete a Scotland disclosure process. After 8 x weeks you will also be subject to completing a further thorough background check
Autonomous MCM Systems Technical Lead role working across the full systems lifecycle with a current focus on the front end. Maritime systems experience is preferred and any experience with Mine Clearance or Naval Systems would be desirable.
Technically leading Systems Engineering activities covering the full lifecycle for Mine Warfare. An interesting and challenging opportunity suitable for an experienced and highly capable Systems Architect/Engineer to act as the technical lead for command and control of Unmanned Mine Clearance Machines, experience of Systems of Systems would be preferred. The ideal candidate would be familiar with defence architecture principles and methods; have a firm grounding in Systems & Software implementation and be able to communicate complex technical ideas clearly and effectively, to a wide audience. You will provide technical guidance, work closely with customers and be open to collaboration with industry partners, internal and external stakeholders and Government agencies.
Skills, experience and qualifications needed: - Demonstrable relevant systems engineering experience
- Strong analytical abilities with a methodical approach - Full engineering lifecycle experience with good front end experience - Maritime Background (Ideally MCM or Navy Systems) - Willingness and ideally experience working in collaborative (multi company) teams delivering research projects.
Although this project is a European collaboration, candidates will be required to achieve SC level security clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application
£30-40,000 + Overtime + Bonus + OTE £50,000 +Training + Holiday + Pension
Excellent opportunity for a multi skilled maintenance engineer to join an established company that will offer training, progression and an interesting role where you can maximise your earnings through overtime.
This company is a leading steel stockholder and operate in multiple sites across the UK. Due to increased demand they are looking to expand to their maintenance team with the addition of a new multi skilled engineer.
In this role you will complete inspection, planned and reactive maintenance of the machinery and facilities at the site. You will also work to improve the reliability and productivity of the equipment to ensure productivity of the site is maintained.
The ideal candidate will have mechanical and electrical maintenance experience from a background such as manufacture, forces or heavy industry. You will have an understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics and also PLC’s
This is an exciting opportunity to join a good team, with regular training opportunities, working for a company that offer a varied and technically challenging role where you can maximise your earnings through overtime
* Multi skilled maintenance engineer
*PPM and RM
* Inspection of Machinery
*Nights (11pm-7am)or Days available
* Mechanical and Electrical experience
* 17th Edition Qualified
* Understanding of Pneumatics/hydraulics/PLCs
Job reference number: RTR66247
Maintenance, electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, maintenance engineer, electrician, breakdown, PPM, service, reactive maintenance, 17th edition, installation, controls, Multi-skilled Engineer
This vacancy is being advertised by Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd. The services of Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd are that of an Employment Agency
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd regrets to inform that our client can only accept applications from engineering candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom.
Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer – Industrial.
Templecombe, Somerset / Dorset – Commutable from Yeovil, Shepton Mallet, Blandford.
Night Shift 22:30pm – 07:00am (Mon – Fri).
Salary DOE up to £32k plus OT.
We are looking for a multi–skilled maintenance engineer on the night shift for a busy steel business in South Somerset. The role involves performing preventative and reactive maintenance operations and condition monitoring of production machinery and facilities.
• Making safety inspections of tools and equipment.
• Diagnosing faults and repairing machines.
• Anticipating machine failures and making such changes or recommendations to prevent re-occurrence and minimise downtime.
Ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
• Good mechanical and electrical skills including pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge, along with PLC, inverter, instrumentation and control experience.
• Knowledge of various mechanical drive arrangements, including simplex, duplex, chain, belt, gearboxes and transmission equipment.
• A forklift and MEWP licence would be desirable but not essential.
• You must have experience working in a fast moving operational environment, ideally in a heavy industrial environment.
If you feel your experience can fulfil this role or you have similar experience and would like to ask about other positions, please contact Acorn Recruitment in Yeovil and speak to Lucy for a confidential chat.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
Thales Maritime Mission Systems Customer Support and Services provides support and upgrades for in-service sonar systems for the UK Royal Navy and export customers. An increase in workload has created an opportunity for an experienced systems engineer to join the team. The work includes support to ongoing tasks in support of other sonars and system design on new products and support services. It may include visits to platforms and dockyards in the UK. In addition to direct systems engineering activities, there will be some work in assisting with the technical management of tasks undertaken elsewhere in the team. This will including planning the work, monitoring progress and updating the plans.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Design of modifications to in-service sonars, test equipment, support services and products
- Documentation updates for in-service sonars
- Harbour trials for modification to in-service sonars
- Investigation of defects in in-service sonars.
- Provision of advice to customers, dockyards and end-users.
- Assessment of options for obsolescence management.
- Assisting with the management and planning of tasks undertaken by other team members
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Systems Engineering and System Design – ability to write design documentation
- Self-starter – able to take a task and run with it with minimal supervision
- Word, Excel
- Systems Engineering – design, testing, documentation, IVVQ, Requirements Engineering
- Fault Finding on complex systems
- BSC or HNC or similar equivalent qualification in Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar subject.
Due to our ongoing requirements this is a speculative position. But to find out more about working in this growing team, apply today
Quality Assurance Manager (LR08)
Core Benefits: Private Medical (Couple cover), Yearly Bonus, Notable Pension Contribution, 27 days holiday per year plus one company day
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within our Defence Mission Systems (DMS), specifically our Maritime Mission Systems (MMS) business as a Quality Assurance Manager – responsible for performing all aspects of bid and project quality assurance in accordance with the Thales quality policy and Quality Management System (QMS). This role is crucial in ensuring the business’ products and services are fit for purpose and meet customer expectations. This role would be ideal for a self-motivated quality professional who is committed to driving forward change and is passionate about continuous business improvement.
As the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio communications, Thales is a leading name in the global defence and security markets. In addition to equipping over 40 naval forces across the globe, we have a proud 125-year heritage here in the UK. Today that is represented in our key role delivering the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier and our provision of advanced radio equipment to all of the Royal Navy’s surface combatants.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Analyse the customer’s quality requirements in a bid and/or project design, development or delivery phase, and support the project in delivery to fulfil the contractual and business obligations
* Develop and execute the Quality Management plan(s) in line with contractual requirements, standards and our business reference system
* To represent ‘the voice of the customer’ during internal discussions to maximise customer focus
* Develop credible relationships across the bids and projects function to input into pragmatic solutions to eliminate/mitigate issues and/or risks - knowing when it is appropriate to escalate topics
* Ensure the application of the group quality, customer satisfaction, quality assurance policies, and the Group Reference system (Chorus 2.0) - provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality
* Ensure the effectiveness of ‘alerting and vetoing’ process
* Promote Quality within the entity, ensuring that all managers and staff are made aware of the QMS and the specifics as relevant to the entity and their roles and responsibility in its operation
* Manage the generation of the defined documentation to support the task delivery and scheduled business / project reviews
* Systematically perform Quality audits and surveillance activities on assigned bids and projects in accordance with the company reference system and contract and regulatory requirements
* Ensure that the Quality Management system is functioning properly - provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality
* UK Quality function
* Programme and Project Managers
* Sector Directors
* Planners and Project Teams
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Sufficient experience in a related quality and or project environment
* Proven capability in auditing and process development
* A drive for business culture transformation and a desire to develop a continuous change culture
* Knowledge of industry quality and engineering standards and processes
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries and 43% of all Thales UK roles being filled via internal movements our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields.
* Open to any candidate who is able to provide proof of their identity, their employment history and their right to work in the UK during the recruitment process
Great journeys start here - to play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now
Car Movers and Valeters jobs in Templecombe, Somerset
Monday to Friday
£7.83 per hour
Here at City Centre Recruitment we are recruiting for Car movers and Valeters to work on a temporary basis full time hours
Candidates must have a Full UK Driving Licence, be 21 or over and have a eye for detail as they will be responsible for the preparation of hire cars prior to the delivery to the customers. Candidates must also have a customer friendly attitude.
Standard hours of work are:
Monday to Friday – 8.00am – 6pm
Rate of pay: £7.83 per hour,
Required licence or certification:
* Driver's License