The Village of Great Orton

The English village of Great Orton is located within the county of Cumbria and has a population of approximately 1,400.

Most of Great Orton is governed by Allerdale District (B) council with the remainder being in the area of Carlisle District (B) council

Great Orton is policed by Cumbria Police

The largest Parliamentary Constituency in Great Orton is Workington (66.67%) with the remainder being in Carlisle (33.33%)

Do you know where the name Great Orton comes from?

What's it like to live here?

Ask the community a question about Great Orton.


Map of the village of Great Orton